General
202 results found
-
Jethro Tull August 8, 1969, @ Swing Auditorium in San Bernardino, CA, not Los Angeles, CA. Tull opened for Led Zeppelin. I WAS THERE.
CORRECTIONS TO YOUR PAGE: Jethro Tull, August 8, 1969, @ Swing Auditorium in San Bernardino, CA, NOT Los Angeles, CA as cited. Tull opened for Led Zeppelin, the latter IS NOT mentioned. I WAS THERE, SO I KNOW WHAT I'M WRITING ABOUT. Many years ago a private airplane crashed into the Swing Auditorium, destroying the building.
1 vote -
Do not co-mingle a venue by the same name that has two (2) or more known addresses.
Example: 9:30 Club in Washington, D.C.
The original 9:30 Club operated from 1980 until 1995 at the historic Atlantic Building at 930 F Street NW. It had a truly unique history unto itself, and serves as a line of demarcation between the "New" 9:30 Club located north at 815 V Street NW which opened in January 1996. It's like comparing apples and oranges. Now, when I look at the shows I attended at the original F Street location, they're lumped in with the newer V Street location as well! Okay, so I can ascertain by the dates which witch is…3 votes -
De-dupe and standardize data
I would prefer a focus on completely de-duping and standardizing the existing data before adding any new features.
111 votesHi everybody, I thought I'd give you all an update on this one.
We've done a lot of work on this over the last couple of years, but this is the sort of project that is going to be ongoing pretty far into the future.
Things that have been done:
- Added the 'Report Issue' functionality to the website (in the navigation) where users can report duplicates that they come across
- Added admin tools to merge duplicate Bands/Venues/Locations/Concerts when we find them or when a user reports them.
- Created 'aliases' behind the scenes for Bands/Venues/Locations so that any duplicates that we merge won't pop up again in the future as duplicates.
- We now verify locations against the external Geonames database to standardize them.
- Implemented a location verification step after a concert is created to prompt the user to verify and standardize the location that they entered.
- Reviewed all of the locations…
-
Artists that play together
Ability to add multiple artists that joined together on stage as seperate artists.
An example, I went to gig where David Bowie and Iggy Pop played a gig together with Radiohead as opening band, now I have to make an entry with "David Bowie & Iggy Pop" and "Radiohead", but in the past I also saw David Bowie seperately too on other dates. In statistics they won't add the 2 times I've saw Bowie together now.3 votes -
Be bale to link and summarize bands by overlapping members - solo vs full band, for example. Or the bass player in Band X is also in band Y
Link Bands with overlapping members
1 vote -
RSS feed
An RSS feed (or HTML widget) that can be added to a personal website or blog that lists all shows and updates when we add new shows to our archives.
3 votes -
Most yhe eagles onthe foirthbin dallas
I seena a cocert on the fourth of july called frerdom fest on dallas dont rrmmeber what year late eighties early90s biy it was almost all the eagles joe was dressrd like uncle sam three dog night i thinl oliver and pther american bands. Does anyone remember that i think it was in fair park
1 vote -
Concert Number column
Include a column that shows what number the concert is in our personal list. Example, I like to quickly see what was the 100th concert I attended.
12 votes -
Table based bulk entry for copy paste
Table based bulk entry. If I have a bunch of shows I went to this month, and I don't want to create a spreadsheet to import them, and I don't want to enter them one at a time, rather just copy and paste the specific lines out of my ongoing spreadsheet into the site.
1 vote -
QR codes for concert info
Work with promoters to have QR codes to automatically input show data. They could put QR codes on posters or social ads. If you scan it, it would create the concert in concertarchives.org. In addition, it could add info like ticket links (you could get commission).
1 vote -
Link Bands Seen, Venues and Locations Visited in Year Overview.
For example:
"In 2017 you saw 83 concerts and 139 bands at 37 venues and 24 locations."It would be nice if you could click on "139 bands" to see the 139 bands you've seen that year. The same for the venues and locations.
Also it would be nice if the summary above would count all bands, venues and locations of the year not only the ones that are listed on the page.
In my case on the first page concerts from Jun 9th until Dec 30th are listed and has the above summary. Page 2 lists the concerts from…4 votes -
Ability to see a list of how many times users have seen a band to see who has seen them the most
List ordering users who have seen a band in order of how many times theyve seen that band.
20 votesThanks for the suggestion! The main reason we haven't done this (and don't currently have plans to do it) is because we don't require any verification that a person attended a concert. Because of that, there is nothing stopping somebody (or spammer) from saying they attended all of the concerts to artificially show themselves at the top of the leaderboard.
We'll keep this idea in mind but there isn't currently a way to create a "real" leaderboard like you are hoping for, unfortunately.
-
Buy & sell stubs / tickets
People collect old tickets, so maybe we could have a stubs shop integrated? Like selling/buying used records on discogs...
3 votes -
1 vote
-
Add a time field in addition to date
Being able to indicate the time of the show in addition to the date would be beneficial. I'm still just beginning to enter my concerts, and I have already encountered a couple of times where this would have been helpful.
Reasons/Examples:
1) Some artists will do 2 shows on the same day when there's enough demand to add an additional show, but not enough days on their schedule to add extras. E.g. Garth Brooks doing multiple shows on same day - a 1:00 pm and a 7:30pm on a Saturday. Two separate shows & separate tickets = a need for…10 votesWe're working on this!
One thing we've found is that entering a time can be kind of subjective though. For example some people might enter the time that the doors open, or when the concert was scheduled to start, or when the concert actually started, or when the headliner went on.
Rather than give the option to enter any time, our plan is to add options for "Non-Standard Times". For example if the concert was an "Early Show" or an "After Party" or a "VIP Soundcheck". That sort of thing.
Our hope is that solves the problem of false-positive duplicate concerts being merged together because they share all the same date/location/venue/band while also not creating a bunch of "real duplicate" concerts due to slightly mismatched times.
-
Concerts I Didn't Go To
List concerts you did not go to but wish you had.
5 votes -
fantasy gigs
Have a contest on who can come up with the best fantasy gig with a certain theme.(i.e.-Chicago,Boston,& Kansas in concert).
1 vote -
Disable bands from concert entries in which the band was listed but did not play
Provide a specific function that allows users to disable bands from concert entries in which the band was listed on the ticket, poster, marketing, etc but did not play the event, cancelled, etc. For example, Hot Snakes were listed on all advertising material for Riot Fest 2018 but did not play even though Riot Fest 2018 went on as an event. This being said, this function should be unique so that users aren't creating concerts that were cancelled. We don't need a database of concerts that were announced, cancelled, and that no one saw.
3 votes -
1 vote
-
Indicate which search results are already in your archive
When searching for a past concert, I would like to see a flag to indicate which of the results I've already added to my archive -- or even have them eliminated entirely from the returned list.
3 votes
- Don't see your idea?